background

Friday, August 5, 2011

Catching Smiles!


Griffin turned six weeks old yesterday and is growing like a weed!  With each day that passes, we notice that he is more attentive and tries to focus and follow things with his eyes.  He's starting to "coo" and make little noises, and his expressions are priceless!  He's beginning to build a personality and will let you know exactly how he feels...(I have no idea where he gets that!)  It's so funny to watch him "find" things like his fingers and toes.  Yesterday, he found his tongue and stuck it out at me all day long!

Of all the exciting new firsts, my favorite new thing is his smile.  It's not just any smile, though....it's a great big, gummy grin from ear to ear!  And even if it's a just little smirk while he's napping, it's just enough to let me know he's genuinely happy.

Something I never want to forget is the way it feels when he smiles back at me...it melts my heart every time.  It's just another reason why I love being home with my baby...so I can spend all day catching smiles! :)

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
-Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment