background

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mommy's Birthday and First Mother's Day

Every few years (I'm not big on calculating how often it happens...) my birthday falls on the same day that Mother's Day is celebrated.  So, this year I not only celebrated my 28th birthday, but my very first Mother's Day as well!  It started off with a great church service, where every mother was given a gift certificate for a free manicure!  Then, I went to my favorite place...Olive Garden...for lunch with my two favorite guys :)  Since it was a yucky rainy day, we spent some time walking around the mall where I scored some sweet gifts!  I also finally broke down and had my wedding bands cut off (apparently my pregnancy induced marshmallow man fingers are still haunting me) since I haven't been able to take them off in over a year!  They'll be sent off and re-sized and sent back looking brand new, but until then...my boys gave me a pretty little replacement!


On the way home, we stopped to pick up a milkshake :)  I tried sharing with Griffin, but from the looks of things, that wasn't good enough...he wanted the entire thing for himself!




I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day!  I'm so thankful for my little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment