background

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Perfect Picnic Weather :)

This past week, Griffin and I packed up our lunch and headed to the park for a little picnic in the grass. It was still a little cool outside, but it was a perfect afternoon! Griffin enjoyed sharing his pb&j with the ants...until they started to crawl up his leg!



After lunch, we walked ran to the playground, where the first thing he climbed on was the slide :)



This time, the "baby" slide just didn't cut it for long... so he ventured over to the big spiral slide to see what all the fuss was about. Once he found his way to the top, he peered over the edge to check everything out. Then, MUCH to my surprise, he let go of the sides and took off barrelling down the big slide. I ran around to the bottom to be there when he landed, and almost immediately, he started to cry! Once the shock wore off, he screamed, "I did it!" and felt so proud of his accomplishment.

We didn't go back to that slide for the remainder of the day (wonder why?!), but we did get in some QT on the swings :) I'm SO SO grateful to have the opportunity to spend these days with my boy again. Just thinking back to this time last year, when he couldn't walk or go down the slide on his own, reminds me of how quickly this time is passing by.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment