background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Griffin is Seven Months Old!

Where do I even begin?! Over the past month, Griffin has changed so much that I can hardly keep up! He's just going to have to s.l.o.w. d.o.w.n, that's all there is to it. :)

I am ecstatic to report, however, that his official first word was "Mama"! He said it for the first time on December 26, 2011, just a few days after turning six months old. Although it was a day late, I'm marking it down as the best Christmas present EVER!  It makes me smile every time I hear it!  The word "ba ba" came shortly after, along with the new trick of moving his mouth as though he's saying "mama", but not making a sound. Odd, I know, but so funny!

Another big milestone this month was the grand entrance of his very first tooth.  It's a little more visible each day, and I know that only means there are more on the way!  Moving on up to the world of finger foods, we've added teething biscuits to his list of favorite foods.  He loves to chew on it, then take it out and look at it!  He's still pretty rotten about holding his bottle, but every once in a while he decides to give Mom and Dad a break!

While we're at it, we might as well add another milestone to the list... he's started pulling himself up to stand.  He's not exactly "cruising" yet, but sometimes he gets brave and waves one arm in the air.  It scares me every time, but he's doing great so far!  A few nights ago, he pulled himself up and started digging in his toy bin.  He was pumped to find a few toys and books he hadn't seen in a while!

He's SO close to crawling, but hasn't quite figured out how to go forward.  For now, he scoots, rolls, and drags himself forward, sideways, and backwards. He's already more "mobile" than what I'm ready for...so I can't imagine what life will be like once he finally takes off!

We've had an exciting seven months so far, and are loving every minute with our amazing little man!  We love you, Griffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment