background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Houston....we have a TOOTH!!

So this is teething?!  It's no wonder Griffin has been cranky whiny restless screaming for a bottle at 3am wanting to snuggle (that sounds better!) lately...apparently there's a tooth to blame!  I knew this day would come, and as much as it saddens me to say it, this morning I was able to feel the sharp little edge of his very first tooth poking through his gums on the bottom, left side.  Yes, the same sweet little gums that I cherish so much when he gives his big 'ol gummy grins, have been invaded.  I haven't been able to snap a good picture of it yet, because he's guarding it like a precious gem (probably because it's still swollen and tender)!

I have to admit that I sat and had a good cry this morning after realizing the inevitable...my baby is growing up.  He even looks older today.  It sounds crazy, I know, but it's possible that I have been refusing to accept the fact that every milestone he reaches is just one more step toward becoming a grown boy.  Even as I blog, or write each accomplishment in his baby book, it never really dawns on me that I'm writing about his journey from infancy to childhood...and documenting everything that makes him less of a "baby".  But this morning, as I cried, I noticed him watching me with his big, sweet eyes.  And as he reached out for me, bouncing up and down in his seat, saying "mama mama!", I picked him up and remembered just how blessed I am to be able to stay home and witness every milestone in my baby's life.  Each day I'm with him seems to pass by in the blink of an eye...and before I know it, he will be grown and have a family of his own.  But until then, I'm going to cherish every gummy (one-tooth) grin I get.  :)

I read this quote on someone's blog recently, and I loved it so much that I had to re-post it...

Young boys should never be sent to bed, they always wake up another day older.

No comments:

Post a Comment