background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Daffodils

I love this time of year!  Thanks to the sunshine and warm weather, flowers are blooming everywhere.. and this morning as I opened the blinds and looked out at our back yard, I was excited to see a new burst of color against the fence line.  Bright yellow daffodils...straight from my Mammaw Henry's back yard :)  I planted them after she passed away, and look forward to seeing them bloom each year when Spring comes around.

I couldn't wait to take Griffin outside and let him explore... and I snapped a few pictures of him checking out Mammaw's daffodils for the first time.  What I would give for her to still be around and watch my little man grow up.  She would've loved Griffin, and I sure wish he could've met her.






The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children's children.  It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone.  It is in us that their history becomes a future.  ~Charles and Ann Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment