background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Riding for a Cure!

Walking with Terri :)
This weekend, Griffin and I participated in our first 5K together at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Lexington.  This event hit very close to home since my dear friend and co-worker, Terri Jones, recently fought and won her battle with breast cancer.  To show our support, Griffin and I set a goal of raising $50.00 for our team, and thanks to our generous friends, we raised a total of $55.00.

When Saturday morning rolled around, we bundled up and headed out to downtown Lexington to join thousands of people in a sea of pink!  There were pink shirts, pink scarves, pink shoes, and even pink firetrucks!  Since it was so cold out, Griffin stayed bundled up in his stroller for the ride.  He did great, and made it through the entire 5K.  We passed several "little" walkers, and it made me smile to think that Griffin would be walking instead of riding with me next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment